Tuesday 18 February 2014

A week full of miracles!

Hello everyone! This week has been a great week full of miracles! 


So on monday it was just a wonderful day. Elder Li and I spent the pday at Newcastle just hanging out with other missionaries playing sports and watching a movie . After p-day we went to a members home and taught her fiancé Alex! He is our newest scheduled investigator! He is scheduled for baptism for the 8th of March! Its so good to finally have an investigator that is wanting to meet with us and that wants to learn more :) 

The biggest thing that I learned is that we need to communicate with those people around us. Those people that knew me before my mission know that I can communicate, I just need to make the conscious effort to do it :P I also learned that Heavenly Father blesses us in enormous ways, especially when we feel that we don't deserve it. I know that it was only through Heavenly Fathers blessing that we are now able to teach Alex.  A lot of the time we say as members that God will answer prayers but while teaching Alex the thought came to mind to ask if we truly understand what that means? Do we truly understand the position and powers that prayers can hold? Heavenly Father wants to bless us with miracles and wants us to have ALL the blessings that he has in store for us but sometimes we need to be the ones to ask for them. Heavenly Father wants us to come here and have happiness in this life so why would he hold anything back from us. The fact is that God will give us all the blessings that we need and that we ask for. They may not come in the way or the time that we want, but they will come! 
"I the lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, Ye have NO PROMISE"
God will bless you!

Another thing that I have learned is that life is too short so we need to make the most of every minute that we have! This life is too precious to waste it on things that don't matter so we always need to be doing things that do matter. I have realized this especially in missionary work with how fast time is going and how little time is left. My Zone Leader said to my district in the meeting yesterday that we should not let a day pass us by and I stand by that!
Have a good week
Elder Dotschkat

No comments:

Post a Comment