Wednesday 26 February 2014

I turned 20 today!!

Hey mom, 

Thanks for sending me all the emails and sorry I didnt respond until today. I was with my district on Monday at the beach taking pictures and trying to build unity and by the time that we got back to Sunderland it was just a little too late to email because we had a lesson and then yesterday we were in Leeds all day with a wonderful Zone Conference so now I am 20 and emailing you. yup. I'm 20 now! Is that weird for you? Its just a little for me. I think that I have changed a lot since I have come out. My heart is still the same, maybe even bigger now and its just my personality that has grown. I got more of a back bone now :) Lol hope thats good :) Sounds like the boys enjoyed their camps, especially Josh! I was so happy to hear from my little brother. I do miss Ben and Josh quite a bit....there is noone to beat on here :( ....just kidding lol I actually miss hanging out with them. When I get home I want to hangout with them and Dad more so that we can spend some quality bonding time together. Its just something that I have realized whilst I have been out here....9 months now! Time is FLYING by so fast! It feels like just a few months ago that Emma had said the prayer, I gave you all hugs and was on the plane. It's weird how the time just speeds up the longer that I am in the service of God. I do enjoy the work a lot, it is hard some days and sometimes I dunno what to do but I know that if I trust in God that he will help me :) I am grateful for the church in my life and what it means to me. I just sent a email to Josh about the area and how I have recognized the gospel blessings in my life and it is truly amazing to reconize the blessings that God gives us for obeying him. He loves us and desires to bless us and so it is our opportunity to set ourselves in line with Gods will so that we can come closer to him. I have learned so much in this past week. Yesterday we had a Zone conference in which we learned about exact obedience and about not going back to the past. Live for today remember the past and dream, work & have faith for the future! These lessons that I learned yesterday have truly shook me to my core and as of now I have a new resolve to be better than I was and to work towards what I can become. All of us can become our true potential, we just have to work for it. There is a difference in I know I can and I know I will! We must be those people to work hard, to acheive goals and witness miracles! This past week has taught me that miracles are everywhere around us and that we just have to look for them! The wonderful things of this world are just waiting at our finger tips to be taken and to be used. There is the beauty of the world around us and every moment I thank God for giving me the chance to come to this earth to experience the good and the bad and to see the beautiful wonders of the day! I love my life and I love serving my Heavenly Father. Through serving his children and helping them come home to him. We have two baptisms coming up in March and they will be a wonderful step for these young men to get on the path to return to their Father in Heaven who is waiting with open arms. He is waiting for all of us, we just have to go to him. He loves us and will never EVER be far away. The farthest distance that he ever is away from us is your knees to the floor :)
I must run now! Thank you all for the birthday wishes and gifts! 
Have a wonderful week
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat

Creating unity as a district


Selfie at the beach

Love this shot of him!




Mission lineage (Back L-R) Elder Mielacher (companion) Elder Richards (trainor), Elder Dotschkat
(Front L-R) Elder Labero (companion) and Elder Ivins (companion)









Here is some pictures of my birthday so far!
I woke up this morning and Elder Li had prepared a breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs for us :) oh an we had maple syrup!!!!! wohoooo! it was delicious! I will take more pics during the day and send them Monday :) Love you mom and thank you for the birthday wish and everything that you do for me! Love you!
Your 20 YEAR OLD SON
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat!!!

Birthday pancakes with maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment