Tuesday 7 April 2015

God loves His children and that is a fact

Hey Everybody!

Its so funny that you mention watching "parts" of conference. That is exactly what we did. LOL The connection kept dropping in and out and I never got to see the Sunday night sessions.

So this week was good! We enjoyed being together and working together this week and have definitely enjoyed serving with each other. My companion and I are finished serving together now. The Lord has seen fit to call him to a new area where people need him and I will stay here. He will be going to Wharf Valley and as for me I will be getting not just one but two new companions! I am really excited for this! It will be my last transfer, we will work hard, play hard and sleep harder lol

So this past week was really quite enjoyable. The entirety of our Monday was spent with a member of the ward and he showed us a bunch of history of the area. We went to Hadrians Wall, Durham Cathedral and the Caussey Arch. It was all really cool and at the end of the day we had learned so much about the history of this wonderful land that we were able to definitely feel accomplished for the day.

Then the next couple of days both my companion and I were ill and had to stay in the flat for the most part of the time. I took this opportunity to ponder and read the scriptures if I was not tired enough to sleep anymore and I enjoyed feeling the spirit and revelation flow down from heaven. I had a wonderful experience in which I knew that God knew me as an individual and I was cared for. I love my Father in Heaven and know that He answers the earnest prayers of His children.

When we finally had rested enough to recover we spent the most part of our time finding and having lessons with people that we had grown close to over the time that we have been here. It was great to see their smiles and to know that through the grace of God we had made a small impact in someones life. I love this wonderful work and get to know that this its he most important work on the face of the earth. The work of building the kingdom of God and helping his children reconnect with Him.

The weekend was momentous occasion and a wonderful time full of reassurance and revelation. I enjoyed all the talks ranging from family and family responsibilities to mainly the Atonement and the wonderful miracles that were preformed upon earth many years ago. This knowledge has changed my life for the better and has truly made me such a happier person. I look forward to each day that I have to tell people the wonderful news that because of Christ, everything is possible.

I had many great and wonderful experiences this week that it would take me a much longer time to explain but know this … God love His children and that is a fact.

I hope and pray that you all have a fantastic week and can see the hand of the Lord in your daily life. Please keep missionary work in your prayers because ALL of God's children will benefit from this wonderful message … the message of Jesus Christ.

https://youtu.be/_S3TI4bYerU

Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat

Hadrian's Wall was built by the order of the Emperor Hadrian, following his visit to Britain in AD122. It was planned as a continuous wall with a milecastle every Roman mile and two turrets equally spaced between each milecastle. The wall, with its defensive ditches and large forts, stretched from coast to coast, a distance of 80 Roman miles. It formed the northernmost frontier of the Roman Empire.


In the middle ages Durham Cathedral provided refuge for fugitives. Anyone who committed a serious offence could claim sanctuary by knocking on this door. The fugitives were given 37 days to organize their affairs. They had to decide either to stand trial or leave the country by the nearest port. 

This knocker is a replica.






Causey Arch was built in 1725-26. It is the largest single-span bridge (105 feet wide) in the country and remained so for thirty years.



No comments:

Post a Comment