Monday 14 July 2014

Did you know Minecraft prepares for exaltation?

Hey everybody!!!!
So this week was pretty great and I am glad that its over hahaha!

So on Monday we were required to go to Huddersfield chapel for p-day because the elders are singing in the all priesthood meeting this Wednesday! It will be great! ...I hope :) lol Anyways, whilst at the chapel I learned what it meant for integrity and honest and obedience. Lets just say that some people wanted to do things that were against mission rules and it was hard not to give into peer pressure but I got my companion and we left the temptation (nothing seriously wrong, just watching a film that was unnaproved. Its one of my favorites back home, but that is where it is for, back home!) Anyways, in the evening we had a lesson and a new investigator!  He is the brother and son of two less actives in the ward, he's honest and seems like he would be a great addition to the elders quorum and he's a body builder! 

Anyways, Tuesday was very eventful! In the morning we were meant to meet with A but she never showed at the chapel so we ended up talking to our ward mission leader about his conversion story and.....MINECRAFT! He and his wife play minecraft for date night! Cheap, fun and preparing ourselves for exaltation (creating things hahahaha) at least that's what he says! Anyways, after that we went to clean a less active home a bit more and we felt sick as we left. That's when the week started going pretty troublesome. For some reason or other we felt different, didn't knowingly do anything wrong (might have just been the stench of cat pee >:( IF I EVER GET A CAT, IT MUST BE CLEAN! Dog goes outside, homes are for people and can be for animals ONLY if they are clean. If not, they stay outside! Just my opinion...lol After that we met this evangelist  preacher at the church and gave him a tour of our building here. He doesn't want to bash (which is good) he just wants to  see a new light on the gospel and what we believe. It kinda threw me off a little because I didn't know what to tell him because he has read all the standard works in our canonized scripture YIKES! So we just bore testimony to him and set up time to read the scriptures with him. After that because we were running late for a tea appointment we called a taxi!!!!! FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!  In the evening we were meant to go with the YM to do some service but the YM president forgot us at the chapel!! So while we waited for him we bashed a tennis ball at each other! lol

Wednesday - DDM in Horbury! It was good and my grandson (the kid I trained, who then trained him) is my district leader. He is 22 and a great guy. From down south London area! Anyways he challenged and said that the team that would get 8 investigators to church get his next Tesco delivery! If that's not incentive for a missionary elder I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!?!?!?! hahahaha.In the afternoon we went finding and got some doors to the face! YAHOOOO! Its honestly great! I AM JUSTLOVING MY MISSION RIGHT NOW!!! (no sarcasm at all btw) lol

Thursday we organized our area just a little more so that we can be as efficient as possible with our investigators and help as many people as we can coming to Christ. In the afternoon we were able to do some different types of contacting people and we have 4 new service opportunities! Looks like we will be thrusting in the sickle quite a bit as of lately! Great thing for life experience right?! Anyways, after that we went to tea at a members home and were able to just have a great visit with them (this is the one that reminds me a lot of papa Robb) and the fed us so much! I laid down on the couch and their dog jumped right on my stomach yikes! it was okay though! After that we saw Lynn, she hasn't been doing well lately but she sticks through it. She says that if she is stood, standing and breathing she's doing great, if she is standing and breathing she's doing okay and if she is just breathing THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG! hahahahahahah so we make sure she is doing alright :)

Friday! Great planning session in the morning with large goals! We want to teach 21 investigator lessons this week. Pretty crazy but if we are exactly obedient, God will bless us :) After that we went finding all day and now this time young girls were hitting on and trying to flirt with Elder Kooijman! bahahahaha they were like 14! lol it made me laugh so hard because I was like, "GIRL! You ain't got any chance with this servent of Christ! " lol It was hilarious! Then in the evening we had tea with our ward mission leader and his family and they showed us their minecraft world!!!!! Not gonna lie, it was pretty impressive (btw he is an IT guy just to mention) then we went home completely and entirely shattered!

Saturday - In the morning we took some computer time and once again I watched that talk by Brad Wilcox called His Grace is Sufficient and when I watched that the spirit comforted and taught my heart that if I do my best, that is what God wants. After that we were finding and got a miracle call! This former investigator of over a year wanted to meet with us and change her life! We rushed over there as soon as we could and had a great visit with her! Then we had a miracle evening! The investigator started smoking so my clothes reaked! We only had a matter of minutes to run home (which was luckily fairly close), change and get back to the bus stop in time for the bus! SO WE RAN!!! Just as we left the flat we saw the bus that we needed pass us! I felt sick! I knew that if we didn't have all of heavens help that we would be late for our tea appointment and that was NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!! Elder Kooijman and I started to pray with all of our might to call down heavens powers! We felt that we deserved it because we were giving our best to be our best! And then a great miracle - the nest bus showed up early! We were still on our toes on the bus cause we knew that if we didn't get our connection we were up the creek and all hopes of promptness for the Royal Evitt family lesson and tea would have been dashed! As soon as the bus stopped at the station we jumped off and WE RAN AGAIN!!!!!!!!! It was funny because on the bus I prayed that a specific three busses would be there to pick us up and guess what! The exact bus that we needed that took us there the quickest was the one we caught!  All the powers of heaven were with us that day! We ended up having a extra 25ish minutes so we fulfilled an assignment from President in which we would take a reverent picture with a war memorial.....Lets just say, that night my heart was in grateful thanks to my lucky stars, my guardian angels and my heavenly father! We then were able to have a great lesson with George in which he realized the importance of baptism and will hopefully be talking with his mother about his desire to be a member! Please pray for him!

Sunday - Whew! Day of rest?!?!?! More like day of STRESS!  Sunday used to be my favourite day of the week back home but now I dread Sunday nearly because I know all that I need to do. We had ward coordination in the morning, talked about about everyone in 20 mintues! It was great ! After that we met James for a tour of the building and then went into Elders Quorum in which I had to teach about baptism and let me just say I was like a frog in a frying pan but tried to show confidence! I will be honest been so busy last week that I couldn't prep the lesson so I was relying completely on heavens angels! Whew! Went well none the less and the gp was alright, cooking hot in the room though and then had a talk in sacrament BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!!!!!

Anyways, talked with members and setup some meetings this week and was told by a member that she wanted to adopt me into her family :) That made me feel good (it was sister Royal Evitt) and I just look forward to having more great talks with her and her family!

That's my week!
No more time!
Love you!
Elder Dotschkat




No comments:

Post a Comment