Monday 12 May 2014

Captain Canuck and the Flying Dutchman

Well hello everyone! Time is flying by pretty fast! I hope it is for you as well :) But all I have to say is enjoy every moment and let Gods purposes come to pass.

So this past week was pretty crazy and hectic but wonderful at the same time. My companion Elder Shurtliff got called to train in Shefflield and so he is gone now and my new companion is Elder Kooijman from the Netherlands. He is a very happy and proud dutch man! He loves Vikings and pirates and funny stuff like that. He is a very good young man. He lost his father 2 days into the MTC and was prepared to lose him because of health and he is still out here. He is a great strength of faith to me to see him grow and learn for the almost 6 months that he has been out. Last week was his birthday and we celebrated it with French toast, eggs and bacon! And then cake at a member's home :)

To sum up last week in a word. Change. I have realized that to be the man that I desire to become I need to humble myself and change so that the Lord can do his work to my heart. I have realized that I need to give all of my fears and desires to the Lord and trust in him and his promises. I need to increase my faith, courage and belief in myself and the Lord. There are times in our lives that we can see a wall that is blocking our path of progression and we don't know what other side has in store for us but we hope and have faith that they will be good and desirous blessings in which god has for us.

Ether 12: 6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

This scripture touches my mind and heart to the point that it is near a constant thought. I have seen that ONLY through the trial of our faith will we grow and be nurtured into becoming the person that God desires. All I can say is it will take work but eventually it will be attainable :)

So last week we had a few pretty big things happen. We finished the service that we had started and that lady is now happy that her garden is in that state that it is. I must say that it looks pretty great.  I got sick and tried to work through it and boy, that was difficult and funny at times.  This week we didn't get lost too bad but one time when we got off a bus we were yelled at and persecuted by a few guys. They just told us that we are going to hell and that there was no Jesus Christ. We stood our ground and boldly testified that there is a Jesus Christ and that he loves all of us. We told them that they were entitled to their opinion but that when it comes to pushing down other peoples views they could shut up. We turned and walked away and they were yelling at us as we did and we just kept going not looking back.

3 nephi 12: 10-12
 10 And blessed are all they who are persecuted for my name’s sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 11 And blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake;
 12 For ye shall have great joy and be exceedingly glad, for great shall be your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you.

Yup...I think this sums it up. Hahahaha true doctrine!

Well anyways, I don't know what else to say about last week. I might just have to lay a beat down and have my inner Captain Canuck defend truth and justice! LOL  Then my sidekick the Flying Dutchman will demolish all of our foes and justice will be served!

Love you all
Have a great week!
Elder Dotschkat




No comments:

Post a Comment