Thursday 8 May 2014

I've got landscape experience so put me to work!

Alright everybody! So this past little while of my life has been pretty crazy but I think that I got it figured out now! Just working hard not to lose my marbles as I go forward (just kidding)  Life is great! So lets get down to it shall we?

So this past week was a great week leading up to Lynn's baptism! We had seen her everyday and she is doing fantastic! She has finished the Book of Mormon in just under 3 weeks and is desiring to read even more!

So Monday we had P-day at Greenhead Park in Huddersfield where we played rugby, football and frisbee and then went to have a FHE with the Stocks family where we had a bonfire! That was just so fun and great! We roasted starburst candes, jumped on the trampoline, had chicken fights and just had a great evening! 

On Tuesday we had a lesson in the morning with these 2 elderly ladies that are investigating and I must say that the biggest lesson that I learned from that was one of humility. We discussed the possibilty of their baptism in the near future and worked to help them understand the need for it but in the end they declined and said that they might "in a while". The work is going great and this experience was humbling to me to recognize that we have to listen to people to really get to know them and understand what their concerns might be so that we can help lift them higher. The rest of the day went well with an exchange with Elder B. We had gone finding and doing some AUF names but alas no luck. In the evening we had a good lesson with Rob and Jackie (referals from the Stock family) and we planned another visit later in the week. 

On Wednesday we had district meeting in which we discussed the capabilities that we all have and acheiving our true potential. We are all sons and daughters of a loving God who has set a path for us to acheive an eternal increase. That thought alone may seem daunting but when we understand to put our trust in God we will then be able to respond with exhuberance and excitment for the vast future ahead. After DDM we went and gave service to this elderly lady in the ward. I picked up and threw over 15 slugs and snails and worms! GROSS! They were all slimly and gooey and …. you get the picture hahahahha!  After service she made us a glass of apple juice and we headed home! On the route some kids wanted to fight us again.....Do I seem aggresive or do people just want to beat me up? lol seems like the "buffetings of satan" are quite present lately.:) In the evening we had a great lesson with Lynn again! She honestly is such a nice lady! I can't remember what was taught just that we laughed A LOT!  

On Thursday we got down and dirty in the mud and the rain again doing service for some other ward members. It took about 2 hours and by the end it had felt like a warm swamp within my shoes! Yuck! But it was great because she was happy :) She made us a great lunch of swedish meatballs, vegetarian lasagne and home made pizza! (I think that I am gain back the weight I lost!  Whatever though I guess! I still have over a year to lose it all! Just keep swimming right......well…..I'm not allowed to swim but you know what I mean! :P) After lunch with her we went and got some medicine for my exploded finger! Woohoo! I haven't been able to use my pinky (even though I don't need it for much....debated cutting it off to say that I gave everything to my mission, including my pinky lol) for almost 2 months! After showering the mudd and dirt and muck off we had another great lesson with Lynn!!! She amazed us again with the amount that she has read! 

Friday was a house work day for the area where we planned and got things ready for the baptism. There is so much paperwork as a missionary that you would be very surprised! I guess its just cause we still are young and need organization skills. 

Saturday was DLST in which we went to Huddersfield and discussed how the zone can improve and what can be done to motivate the missionaries so that miracles happen even more! Then we went back to the area on the train (I think I fell asleep standing up :P) and got last minute things for the baptism! While we waited we made pancakes at the chapel! They were delicious! For anyone who knows what I like on mine, peanut butter and chocolate spead! YUM! Then the finale of the week happened!  Lynn was baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a wonderful service in which she said that she felt welcomed and loved :) She bore her testimony and that was great! Sunday was pretty good! I went on exchange with Elder Simon! I was so full because we went to the Russian lady's house again and ate soooooooooooo much! YUM!   After that we contacted some referrals and talked to alot of people! No one was really bothered too much though :P 

On Monday we had district meeting where we continued our disussion on looking towards the future and living to reach our goals!  We made vision boards!  That was pretty great! Then we went and did EVEN MORE SERVICE! I guess the ward has got the message of my previous landscaping experience and wants to use it :) I'm glad to get into jeans and a shirt and in the dirt!  I find it fun! So Monday we laid mulch and planted some flowers and then we went to a member's home where the fed us some great steaks! They talked about movies the entire time and just teased us on how we have to wait to watch them!  Whatever, time is flying so fast!  Then in the evening was transfer calls!  We were having a fun party and President called Elder Shurtliff to train in Sheffiled and I have Elder Koojiman (he was in my district in Sunderland) as my new companion! Then we played some games and went to bed. On P-day we did similar things and took some pics and then we went to the chapel to clean cause it is getting painted and it was nearly a ward party because almost everyone was there! After that we went to the Stock's house in the evening, had some games with them and said goodbye for Elder Shurtliff. Then we had some fatayers at the flat and went to bed.

So that is this past week!
love you all!
Bye!
Elder Dotschkat

Lynn's baptism










No comments:

Post a Comment