Tuesday 12 August 2014

Exchange with another Calgarian!

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delayed message! Life has been crazy trying to figure out where I am, where I was and where I am going. Not only in a physical sense but a gospel sense as well and let me just say that the biggest thing that I have learned is that if you rely on the Lord and go towards him you cannot go wrong. There have been people that have really tried to question who I am and what I am doing exactly and it makes me truly contemplate whats going on in my life. Not a bad thing, just testimony building and reassuring that I am serving my mission for the right reasons. Yes, there was a lto of encouragement to come here but I listened and desire to stay here. I don't know if I wrote this last week but honestly in our transfer meeting our president had told the entire group of missionaries that were there that within 48 hours we could go home if we truly desired so. I look at it this way, yeah, if I wanted I could but I would rather experience this joy and peace in what I am doing for as long as I can. There is a temptation to extend the mission but I know that its impossible because my visa runs out. I know it sounds silly but I am not ready to grow up and get into life just yet! I would want to serve God for as long as I can because no matter what, at the end of the hardest days I go to sleep and feel an overwhelming peace in the morning that pushes me into another great day in the service of God! Anyways, probs gonna wanna know the best parts of last week so here I go!

Monday P-day was great emailing time hearing how all of your lives are going. Because I have left part of my "family" in the Dewsbury ward, I once again am on my own and am having to rely on God everyday and the emails to feel close to people. Don't get me wrong but there is only so close that you can get with a total stranger in a matter of days. I know that in time I will look at my District as I do my own brothers (just have that protective instinct within me :)  So we played chair football in the chapel and then went finding in the evening and guess what!? I'm actually knocking doors now hahahaha. Honestly tried to avoid it because its more effective for loving the members and LARCs that come your way and receive their friends in the Gospel! But now I am starting to enjoy knocking again!

Then Tuesday and Wednesday I was on exchange with an elder from CALGARY!!! :D  His name is Elder Johnson, he is from the Calgary stake and we had so much fun chit chatting about those great things and people at home and all of the plans that we have. It was a great time to sum it up!

Thursday and Friday was knocking all day with my Albanian companion. Just the usual ... not really anybody sticking out in my mind. Just door after door and person after person, we are always talking to those people who have really nice cars though. I have seen everything from Porsche to Audi R8 to Lamborghini and even one time a covert Stingray! Awesome!!

Oh just to tell you all .... its raining loads now! I thought I was going to be able to dodge it! hahahaha

Well got to go!
Sorry for the quick notes but busy busy busy BUSY!
No rest for the wicked right ;)
Have a great week!
Love
Elder Dotschkat





Me with my chainmail tie



The tie collection







No comments:

Post a Comment