Monday 15 September 2014

Tackled at Church

Hey everyone!
So big things this week:
1.  new companion
2.  the size of my new companion
3.  the fun that we're having!

The mission life is pretty great right now! I don't know what to tell you guys other than I am well and having a great time going to the edges of our area to find people! We are going where no missionary has bone before hahahaha!

Wednesday was probably the best day this week because I was able to go to Leeds and work and see some of the missionaries that I have served around in the past. Its pretty weird seeing missionaries that I known well go home and to know that I don't have much longer than them left! The last six months of my mission has completely flown by and I must say that I don't think (or at least have been told) that it will just speed up from here!

On Friday we were working out in one of our areas and we had a car pull up right beside us. Turned out to be some great members who offered to cook for us and we had a great time with them! Because Elder Viviers can speak Africanas and I play guitar we have been invited back to spend today (p-day) with them! We are very excited and I can't wait to strum those beautiful strings again :) I miss my music!

Then on Saturday we were invited to go to a members home who played rugby and have tea with them! It was just great to talk about rugby for one hour with someone who has a clue what I'm talking about. Then on Sunday two big things happened! I had a prank pulled on me by the rugby brother. As I was saying goodbye to several members he came back and tackled me into the bush in front of the church! (see photo below)  Then my companion lifted him and threw him in!  Great stuff!!!

Because we want to experience the culture of Bradford we went to a Sikh temple and they let us look around and fed us some delicious food. Sihk people are very nice and hospitable and REALLY good cooks!

Well I am off now, I love and miss you guys and hope that you are doing ok :)
Sincerely,
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat







No comments:

Post a Comment