Monday 22 September 2014

A sore foot and a visit from an old friend

Hey Everybody!

So this week was a pretty great learning experience! Well at least for the time we were outside the flat because my companion hurt his foot and could not walk. YIKIES!! So Monday we had a great day with a family just spending time with them. As we were with them I taught myself the song called All of Me on the guitar. Still got it, I was a little rusty but in the end my fingers were able to pluck them cords like no time has gone past haha.

Then on Tuesday the best part of that day was the meeting that we had with our mission president. We discussed the importance of our own personal conversion and having faith in the work that we are a part of. It made me think of the story of the prophet and how he shows that the hosts of heaven are with him. I know that the hosts of Heaven are with us in this great work.

So on Wednesday my companion's foot was really hurting him so we ended up staying in the flat. In all honest, I took this as an opportunity to sleep and clean the flat.  That didn't last long though ... some of the missionaries that I live with don't clean up after themselves. I guess I know how my parents felt cleaning up after me.

Thursday was pretty good. We went out and worked for a few hours and we made sure that we were able to go out. We iced my companions foot the entire previous night and then it might have been a little numb but at least we were able to work. The best part of the day was the tea appointment that we had with his brother. He asked us on Sunday how hot we wanted our food and we told him he could make it as hot as he would be able to handle ........ Lets just say that it was so hot that my eyes were watering. That was great!

Friday we had to stay in the flat again because Elder Vogli's foot was acting up again and this time I just slept and we ordered food in because I didn't want the dishes (lol) Laziness FTW!

Saturday we had a great time with Lynn.  She is my recent convert in Dewsbury and we were able to spend time with her and see how she is doing. Life for her lately keeps dealing her an unfair hand of cards but she is such a strong lady and just keeps moving on no matter what comes her way. She never give up and motivates those around her to keep going even though life may be tough. I am eternally grateful for the time that I was able to serve in Dewsbury because it truly changed me forever and helped me to become the better man that God sees fit to create me into. I am so grateful for the example of Lynn and her encouragement because now I am able to make decisions and stand by them without needing anyone's approval. As long as I have God on my side, I know that I am doing the right thing.

Sunday was Sunday ... Nothing exciting except we were in town this lady thought I was Jay Osmond ... hahahahahahaha .. I don't know if thats good but I know that he sings good so thats probably a pretty good thing.

Anyways, got to go.
Love you all!
Take care and be safe!
Til next week
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat



No comments:

Post a Comment