Monday 15 December 2014

We ate Chicken Stuffed Haggis

Hello Everybody!

WOW This week has absolutely just flown by! I can't believe where the time is going! Pretty much speeding up nearly every week ... this last weekend was seriously a blur (a good blur though it had many colours)

So Monday was pretty good! I was the mould killer in the flat! I seriously used the entire hour to clean the mould out of our bedroom! (I have pics but won't send them home because they are almost horrifying hahahaha) Then we spent the rest of the day relaxing. I made my burritos (haven't done them in a while) then napped for a bit! In the evening we went over to this members house for a while and just hungout and got to know him. His newly wed wife was not there so we had a guys chat. Talked about his mission, got some advice and then talked about what to help out the ward with.

Tuesday was pretty good as well. We went around the chapel and invited EVERYONE (and I mean EVERYONE) to the upcoming branch carol service! Pretty good response from the people so we are hoping that there will be many people that attend!

Wednesday was COLD! The wind nearly knocked me over! We went and knocked around the chapel again (a lot of doors) and we kept inviting people to the activity. In the evening we were very blessed to have a delicious tea at a members him. It was chicken stuffed haggis and it was delicious. I have thought about how much I talk about food lately and its kind of funny!

Thursday was pretty alright, we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off and were doing it so much that we got lost for 45 minutes. We had to have a member come and get us so that we knew where to go and where we were (I have no bearings where I am at with no mountains around me lol). In the evening we had a great time at this other members home and had kebab with them for tea! Pretty fun. Then I played with their grandchildren and we just and a really good time getting to know them and how we can help. We are returning to their home this Thursday to help them paint their house! Yay SERVICE :D

Friday was pretty good. If you have been reading my blog for a while you must know by now that Friday makes weekly planning days. So I got my peanuts, my drink and we just bunkered down and got stuck in! Pretty good session but we were drained at the end and it didn't help that we had to go and help out at the chapel to set it up for the barn dance that evening. The barn dance was great. We had so much fun laughing and talking and watching people dance (we can't, not because we are physically unable but because we are missionaries and don't want to show people up with our dancing skills lol)

Saturday was pretty good! Took everything down in the morning from the dance as we pumped some Christmas hymns throughout the AP system. It was like a cathedral with the music that we put on. It was all opera like hahaha! Then in the evening we had a great time at our investigators home that is getting baptized on January 10th. I forgot to mention that we scheduled him this week :D

Sunday was a great day. I enjoyed listening to the talks in church and taking the sacrament. I am currently reading Believing in Christ by Stephen E Robson and its a great book to understand the atonement and the forgiveness process :) After church we were blessed to have a great tea appointment with people of the ward and their daughter invited us over for Christmas Day dinner :) We are very excited to go and spend time with their wonderful family.

Anyways, miracles are happening, angels are ministering, God is working and so are His missionaries!
Love Elder Dotschkat


No comments:

Post a Comment