Tuesday 2 December 2014

I've been transferred

Hey Everyone!

So I'm being transferred again to Ashington, its up by Newcastle (address to the flat will follow in the coming week). So this letter is going to be short and simple.

I love my Savior. He lives and loves each one of us no matter who we are, what we have done or what we are currently doing.

The best experience that I had this week was learning about the strength of unity.
The first one is about wolves.
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and for the strength of the wolf is the pack"

It makes me realize that no matter where you go, as long as you are serving the Lord, the rest of the people who are serving the Lord will always be with you and willing to lift you. I have seen and gained a testimony of this so many times in my life and am truly grateful for the trails to teach me about the strength of faith in Christ and faith in oneself. People are always willing and ready to help, we simply need to ask.

The other thing that stood out to me this past weekend was strength of wire cable. I know that it sounds quite weird but it makes a whole bunch of sense. The reason why construction workers use wire cable instead of chains is because the chain is only as strong as the weakest link and the cable is as strong as all the individual wires working together towards a common purpose and common goal. They wrap themselves around and protect each other and take the strain of the opposite force as a whole group, working together and equally balancing the load that they carry.

The third one is about the body. The Savior actually talked about this in the scriptures and I found it very important to know and realize. Each part of the body is unique, different in purpose and individual strength. Each part has its own role to play in keeping the being healthy, strong, safe and working. The eyes are to see, the ears are to hear, the fingers to feel and the heart to keep it all alive. BUT each of these sensory responses keep the body safe and alive just as simply as the heart does. There was moment this week that I was curious how it would be to be blind and how much I relied on my vision and so I closed my eyes for a while and tried to do the same simple tasks and walk in the same direction that I knew that I was meant to go. After only a few short seconds, I realized that I had lost my way and that I was going way off track of where I was meant to be and where safety was. I thought about all of the beautiful and wondrous things that I have seen and all o fate joys that I feel when I see all of Gods beautiful wonders. I am thankful for my eyes for they give me a life that I love!

Then I pondered what life would be like without my hearing and all of those things that I would miss out on. The sounds of the birds, the laughter of children, the voices of those people I love and music which strengthens the heart and soothes the soul. I realized that without hearing, I would not be able to pay attention to my surroundings and probably would accidentally put myself into a dangerous situation. I could no longer have those memories associated two music or actually enjoy the peace and silence because I would always experience it and know no better. I am thankful for my ears for they give me the life that I love!

Then I thought about touch and how vital it is in showing and expressing human emotion. The embrace of a loved one is the fire that can melt any sadness, any pain, and anger or malice and negative feeling that the adversary tries to plant into our hearts. Our mission President told us of an experience where what problems were int he past, they were melted away with a single hug of forgiveness and love. As he told us this story I pondered in my heart the thought of embracing those that I love and then the moments that I have felt that i have been embraced by the loving arms of our Father in Heaven. I had one of those moments this past weekend and let me just say that it was wonderful to feel that He knows who I am and that He loves me no matter what I have done in my past. He desires me to look to the future with faith! I know that our Father in Heaven has these feelings towards all the children of God no matter race, religion, creed, or country. HE LOVES US ALL!

He loves and knows YOU!

These are the things that I have learned this week and that I hold very dear to my heart.
I hope and pray that the Lord will strengthen my testimony and that I can be His voice this coming week once more!
You are in my prayers
Love
Elder Dotschkat


No comments:

Post a Comment