Monday 5 January 2015

So much to be grateful for

Hello Everybody!
Well this email is going to be short but is going to be meaningful.
I love my family. I love the Lord and I love my mission.

I am so grateful to the Lord at this point in my life for all of the experiences that have brought me here to become the man that I am today and the son of God that I am today. I thank him everyday for the trials and blessings in my life and for the people who have touched my heart so dearly whilst I was home and while I have been out here serving his children.

This past Monday was a wonderful time for me to see you all and be able to have some great laughs together and it has made me appreciate even more fully the blessings of the Gospel and the FACT that families can be together forever.

I have been studying the atonement a lot lately and have realized once again how indebted I am to my saviour for what he has done for me and I am also amazed at home much he truly loves each one of us. I know that he knows us individually and all that he requires and asks us of in response to His love is to love Him.

I love my Saviour and my elder brother Jesus Christ and all that he has offered to me and my family and I thank Him daily for it.

Thank you all for your care, your love and your support over this wonderful season of peace and goodwill on earth. Both my companion and I have appreciated feeling loved and cared for as we went out to serve God and His children.

On Wednesday we had a wonderful experience of being able to help a brother who was ill at the time with a priesthood blessing. I am grateful for the spirit and all that it directs us to do and how it helps us in this sacred work that I feel so privileged to be a part of. I know that God lives and has given his spirit to us to help us appreciate a personal connection that we can have with him.

New Years day made me appreciate rest and reminiscing upon the wonderful year that has now passed by. I know that because of the people that I have met, the trials that I have been through and reminiscing upon the wonderful year that has now by. I know that because of the people that I have met, the trials that I have been through and the blessings of God that are abundant in my life that I have become more determined to serve him to the end of my days. I love my Father in Heaven and I know that he loves all the children in existence.

Saturday was a wonderful day because we were blessed to have P pass his baptismal interview. I feel so privileged at this point in time to not only help Peter to come to Christ but to help myself and my companion come to Christ more. The beauty of the Gospel is that its for everyone and anyone who desires "pure joy" and happiness that comes from following Christ.

I thank you all for your support this past year gone and pray that God will bless you and your families in abundance this coming year!
Love you all!
Elder Dotschkat

Me making dinner on New Years

No comments:

Post a Comment