Monday 8 July 2013

A new Mission President


Hello everyone!


This weeks letter is gonna be short!

So we have had a very successful time since I have been here, we have scheduled seven people for baptism. And one of them we are working on his family history together because he thinks that he is related to Brigham Young. Anyways, it has been a great week. I'm very happy to hear that you are all doing well and hope that you are seeing the Lords hands in your lives :) 
I am seeing it in mine.

May the Lord bless and protect each and everyone of you because you all are induvidually in my prayers

Elder Dotschkat

I can actually add on because we extended our time :) haha anyways.
Well I guess I can go in a little more detail now :)

Monday was p-day and we had a huge nerf gun fight and at pizza and watched the Hunckback of Notre Dame! It was hilarious!

Tuesday - We met the new president and his wife. They are so nice and funny! I love President Pilkingtons humour :) I know that we are led by men and women of God and that people are called for certain reasons. I know that President Pilikngton is a man of God and is called to lead this mission in righteousness. He will help all of the missionaries be the best they can be! The most profound thing I learnt that day was that we should never give up because we are on the Lords side and he will bless us if we ask him.

Wednesday - We taught a less active man that was a security guard for people like the Osmonds, Bieber, Selena Gomez, Aaron Cater and Sean Ben. Anyways, he is really nice and it shows me that no matter how far off the path you may be that Heavenly Father has his arms open for you and he wants us all to come home and to return to him. He loves you.

Thursday - We had 2 big things. In the morning we had 1 hour to go on mormon.org and watch the videos there so the most profound things that I read and learnt that day were:
 2 Nephi 31:15,19,21
John 15:16 
Proverbs 29 :18 
2 Nephi 18:32

Also I think that we are going to try to set up a family history class here :) To get the members involved and the community curious in who we are :) We are taking the council from our leaders in the World Wide Brodacast in gettting our members more involved in missionary work and we are giving more church tours. 

MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK !!! That is the way that the work is moving forward, share your testimony in all places you can because there are people searching for the gospel and dont know where to find it .
We gave the man related to Brigham young a lesson and did his family history  :) 

Friday - We met David (the man who is related to Brigham Young supposedly) and gave him a chapel tour and he accepted a baptismal date :)

Saturday - We tracted all day and had no success. There is more success with member missionary work :) GETTING MY HINTS? ;)
oh yeah! And it was super hot that day! I thought that I was going to die!!! haha 

Sunday - It was great! I saw that God is one of miracles !


Anyways, I'm doing well
Keep the faith 
Love the lord
Serve Him 

You are all in my prayers

Elder Dotschkat

No comments:

Post a Comment