Monday 1 July 2013

I met Arthur the Owl from the Mormon Messages


Hello everybody! 

How are you??? I’m doing great!!! 

My week has been full of miracles and answers to prayers! I don’t know where to start and I don't have much time so I'm just going to summarize the main points that are important :) 

So at the beginning of the week we had P-day and it was a lot of fun! We rented a bouncy house for the zone and watched babe and ate food! It was great to be able to have fun with other missionaries as well as the ones that I know really well like my companion Elder Richards and my Zone Leaders Elder Griffiths (goes home to Utah next transfer) and Elder Putnam (still has a while to go). Anyways the next day was FULL of revelation and answers to prayers :) We had a farewell meeting with President and Sister Lindley and it was fantastic. They are true disciples of the Lord and will be blessed for their service. They are home now and we will meet our new Mission President and his wife, the Pilkingtons from Birmingham England. Anyways, that day was so full of just answers to questions and it was nice to meet other missionaries. I actually met one from south Calgary who is going home this transfer as well. The thing that was most profound to me that day was what type of man, father and husband I want to be. I know it’s a far ways away it seems at times but time is going so fast! I can’t believe that I have been away already over a month!!! CAN YOU BELEIVE IT?!?! I am loving and making sure that I am being productive near every moment of my mission :) I truly want to reach my potential and become the man that the lord wants me to become. I am a tool in his hands and pray that I will be useful to Him. 

The next day I was on a split with my district leader Elder Misslewitz. He is from Frankfurt Germany! He taught me how to say, Hello, I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in German! Hopefully I can attain some new languages! Anyways, the most profound thing that day was the experience we had teaching an investigator. This man had lost his mother a year ago and the spirit was so strong in that lesson, we testified of eternal families. I KNOW THAT FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER! There is nothing in this world that will ever tell me otherwise. I want my family to be together forever so the temple is the ONLY place that I will get married when it is time for me :) 

On Wednesday we switched back and I was with Elder Richards again :) For lunch we had something that made me feel like I was at home :) SUBWAY!!! Hahaha. I got my classic favourite sub :) After that we headed to the flat (that’s what they call apartments here) and found out on the way that we have scheduled 3 more people for baptism! The most profound thing that I learned that day was that our God is one who loves us and is one of miracles :) So on Thursday I had a new experience :) we gave a church tour to a man named Paul. We felt the spirit there very strong and gave him a blessing to overcome his difficulties and to have confidence in himself :) The most profound thing that I learnt that day is that the priesthood power is the power of God and I feel honoured and privileged to be able to hold it. I will work everyday of my life to be worthy of it and to be able to bless those around me through it. 

The next day was Friday and we had to stay inside all morning because of planning and study, because I am a new missionary and the MTC training time is cut down to 13 days, I have to have an extra hour of study:) Its ok :) it helps me to learn to be the best missionary I can :)  I guess that the most profound thing that I learned that day is actually how useful the scriptures are and how much I love to read them. They are the word of God and to paraphrase Joseph Smith'' a person can come closer to God by abiding by their teachings than any other book ''. I love the knowledge that I receive from them. 

Saturday was a great day! We did service all day!!! hahahah....oh...wait....I accidentally cut the cord of the Christensen’s hedge trimmer whilst cutting the hedge....oops...well other than that it was good :) hahahah...Also we went for Tea at the O’Neil’s. Brother O’Neil’s has that Mormon message about him and GUESS WHAT ?!/!?! I GOT PICTURES WITH HIS OWL ARTHUR! The most profound thing that I learned that day was that God loves every one of us individually :) Instead of watching TV, watch Mormon messages, they are so much better and uplifting :) Anyways, on Sunday we had church and guess who came!?!?! WILFORD!!!!!HAHAHAHAHHAHA! He is  94 YEAR OLD investigator! It was great! He fell asleep a lot though. Anyways, we are hoping that he felt the spirit and will accept a baptismal date :) PRAY FOR US! :) 

Anyways, the rest of the day just built up to the missionary conference last night :) It was wonderful and again I received so many answers :) The most profound thing that stood out to me there is MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK IS VITAL!!!! We need members to fellowship investigators!!!! oh and some more stuff for what type of man that I want to be and how to be that man :) I know that Heavenly Father listens to us and our prayers. He loves us individually. HE LOVES YOU!

I love you all and hope that you all are seeing the hand of our loving Heavenly Father in your lives :) Have a wonderful week and remember, Keep Moving Forward and Endure to the End.
I love you all and you are in my prayers :)
Don't ever forget it!

Sincerely in the service of the Lord,
Elder Dotschkat





Doing the Oreo challenge on P-day



Brother O'Neil and his owl (from the Mormon Messages)

Halfa  the owl (Halfa is short for Half an Owl)


No comments:

Post a Comment