Tuesday 23 July 2013

I'm staying in Hull but I've got a new companion!


Well Hello Again Everyone!

Sorry I didn't tell you that P-Day would be Tuesday cause it was transfers yesterday :) Im staying here in Hull, my companion (Elder Richards)  is now district leader my one zone leader (Elder Griffiths)  is done his mission and going home to Utah and the other zone leader that we lived with us (Elder Putnam) is Assistant to the President now! I feel honored to be able to be taught and to live with these men.

Anyways this past week to be honest was well....more difficult than the other ones have been but I have been able to see Heavenly Fathers tender mercies every day :)
Monday was p-day and it was alright. I wrote letters home the 3 hours that I had and hope that they all will make it to where they are supposed to be in time :) Everyone else had a nerf war and watched Megamind but I wasn't bothered because I wanted to do my own thing :) Anyways, after that we went and tried to find our investigator because he moved, but it was to no avail. I don't know if I have ever prayed so hard in my life to find someone. This message is just so important and everyone should have the opportunity to hear it! MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK!!! That is the way that this work is moving forward.

Tuesday was alright. Our hours were all accounted for because of study and ward coordination. The best part of my day was when we took our hour that we get each week to look up on mormon.org things for our investigators :) I love the mormon messages. The most profound thing that happened that day was how much I truly learnt and felt the spirit whilst watching those inspiring videos. I watched ones on the spirit and ones on the temple  :) If there is anything I could tell everyone, ATTEND THE TEMPLE OFTEN!!!! It is such a wonderful place to even be on the grounds but the work and blessings within theirs walls are truly eternal :)

Wednesday we had Zone training and it was great! We were instructed on obedience and how apply the scriptures more in our lives. There are so many examples of obedience in the scriptures, the one that we were instructed on was the 2000 Sons of Helaman. They performed with exact obedience and they were blessed because they remembered and followed the teachings of their parents. The thing that stuck out to me that day was how grateful I am for the things that I have been taught by my leaders, friends, family and parents. I just want to thank you all because without you, I would not be on my mission . Thank you for helping me become the man I am today.

Thursday we went to the small town of Heden again. Its a village and right in the center there is this GIANT AND OMINOUS church. Anyways, we had some investigators feed us dinner (they are the other sets investigators) and I was so full! It was uncomfortable but worth it haha... :P Umm....after dinner Elder Richards and I went to the house of a friend of a member of the church and tried to plant some spiritual seeds. I know that if not Elder Richards and I see them grow that other missionaries will and they will be able to harvest them :)

Friday was sooooo hot! I think because of the heat wave in the past 2 weeks that my sweat glands are broken because I can't really sweat anymore haha :P Anyways, Elder Richard decided to go and walk with our shovels and knock on peoples doors and ask if we could help them. The first door we knocked let us in! Woohoo! It was great ! She was a nice lady and she just showed us where the garden was and set go for it! The most profound thing that was important to me that day was how our Heavenly Father blesses his children. I am so grateful for the priesthood that I hold and feel so honored to be able to do so.

Saturday was alright :) It was really hot again :P haha. Anyways, we tracted all day until dinner and ate at the O'Neils again :) They have BYU tv with all the Mormon Messages and guess what we did! I absolutely love them ! They uplift me so much! After dinner the Zone leaders had a baptism of a very....eccentric lady :) She is really nice and her name is pauline :) It was great to be able to see another person enter into the waters of baptism :) I was thinking about my own and still can remember the talks that we given at mine :) The blessings of baptism are more abundant than we realize and I think that if we truly knew them all that we would be humbled because our Heavenly Father just wants to give us gifts. The most profound thing that I realized that day is the joy that occurs within your heart when you see someone being baptized:)

Sunday was great! Elder Richards and I taught a 8 year olds primary class about Ammon :) Such a great and powerful missionary!!! Its amazing what God can do with his missionaries when they are obedient to him! Just fantastic! Anyways, after we had a lesson on eternal families:) I love these lessons about eternal families because it always puts into perspective for me the type of man, husband and father I want to be. It also helps me realize my potential and how greatly the lord blesses families that are raised in righteousness. I know what I want and nothing will stop me from having my Eternal Family. I am going to grow and be the best man that I can be and work as hard as I can to achieve my potential. I love my Heavenly Father. In Sacrament meeting we had a talk from the Stake President on being all in and how we have to decide on what we want and what side we are on before trials and temptations come. I have learned so much on my mission and am learning more everyday!

Monday we had a great district meeting. We practiced how to street contact and how to have effective contacts. There are so many things that I am learning and I am striving to remember them all! I think that memorizing a scripture a day will help :) After we went to this Indian buffet and it was sooooooooo good! I had spicy things! It made my eyes water and my nose run a little ! Hahaha it was great though! After that Elder Richards and I went and taught some less actives and we are helping them get back to church. All I will say is that we need to love our neighbors and care for the people around us who seem left out or hurting. They are children of our Heavenly Father and deserve to be loved as well. My heart goes out to these people and they need our support and help!

In the evening Elder Richards and I had to study because I'm a newish missionary still in training. I can't believe that it has already been 6 weeks!!! CAN YOU!? The time is going fast and I am loving every minute of it!

Thank you all who have sent me letters and packages :) They mean the world to me :) Especially ones with pictures because to see you smile makes me smile :)

I hope and pray that you all are well, everyone of you is in my prayers and may Heavenly Father bless and protect you in this coming week!

Sincerely with Love,
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat

No comments:

Post a Comment