Tuesday 1 April 2014

Transfered to Dewsbury

So this past week has gone quite fast and it amazed me actually how quick time is speeding up . I can't recall what has exactly happened but all I know is the things that I have learned in the past few days.

The first thing that I feel the need to share is that I learned that when we are going somewhere we must have a desire to learn when we go anywhere because we must put effort into the things that matter. Our knowledge and our families are the only things that we take with us when we leave this life. They are the most important things and just as you have to work at having a happy family, you must work at learning things. We have to have the real intent and hunger for further knowledge so that we may one day be able to attain the blessings of our studies.

The second thing that I learned was that I am only a tool in the Lords hands. There have been some experiences lately that have been humbling to recognize that without God, I am nothing. This is the Lords work and it will be done the Lords way and none other. God has his plan and we are just cogs in the ultimate machiene of making the work of the Lord move forward. When we recognize the simplicities of Gods plan we will see that he does not ask much of us. We see that all the Lord and Heavenly Father ask of us is to have faith, repent and change to become better than who we were. He doesn't ask us to be perfect but to do our absolute best in being perfect. God recognizes that we struggle and that at times we may fall but all he asks of us is to pick ourseldes back up and move on from our pasts.

The last thing that I have learned lately is that the atonement is for everyone. We have to be able to forgive ourselves and forgive others for what they have done. Sometimes it might be the hardest thing that we can ever consider doing in our lives and it might be difficult but in the end it will always be worth it. Life is too short to hold onto the petty and immature things but when we let go, the weight upon our shoulders will be lifted and we will then be able to move forward looking optomistically towards the future.

I hope that all of us can learn something good this week and I hope that all of you will be blessed by Heavenly Father in abundance.

Love you
Elder Dotschkat

No comments:

Post a Comment