Monday 28 April 2014

Just cause I'm Canadian doesn't mean I can line dance

Hello Everybody!

First of all congrats to Uncle Devon & Janick and Uncle Darin & Ashley - whoa! two weddings!

So this week was great and I must say that I am doing a lot better now :) I hope that you are all doing well and that Heavenly Father is blessing you:) I know that he is blessing me and my companion :) He has shown us his infinite mercy and love through all of the difficult experiences lately.

One thing that I have learned is that at times when there will be immeasurable spiritual experiences in our lives or when we are about to have the windows of Heaven opened to us for blessings, that is when the opposition will come the strongest and the most persistent. Since I have got to Dewsbury Elder Shurtliff and I have felt almost a physical weight that has been on us nearly everyday but that is because we are seeing true miracles! The message that I have to say is that DONT EVER GIVE UP! KEEP TRYING! KEEP GOING! The best is yet to come and the light is at the end of the tunnel! Love your trials and you will see that they are just small opportunities for us to learn rather than insurmountable mountains that we cannot overcome. Life is truly wonderful and we will be able to appreciate it so much more if we try our hardest to always look on the bright side.

The other big thing that I have learned this week is that we must trust in ourselves and have confidence that everything will turn out the way that we desire! God has given us this wonderful life and opportunity to live here on earth to learn, grow and become not only who we want to be but who God desires for us to be! Life is full of complications and so many people telling us that we can't do something that we want or become something that we want because the human condition is competitive and has a inner desire in which unfortunately the natural man within us desires to see others fail. Its a sad fact of life but as children of God we must learn that when we have faith in Christ we can do anything that we put our mind to.
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right"- Anonymous
I dunno but those are the 2 things that I have learned and re-learned this week.

So we have had a great week!
The highlights of the week were the lessons that I have learned, the people that I have met, the memories that I have made and the laughter that I have experienced in abundance!
So the wonderful people that I have met includes not only the members of the ward but also our investigators! Just to suffice to say Lynn is golden! She passed her interview with flying coulours and is getting baptized this Saturday at 7pm here time (1pm home time). She has marked her scriptures, all the pamphlets and is just a fantastic person :) Then at the ward western party one of the members brought many of his employees and we met with this wonderful family who has such a strong belief in God that it would amaze you :) They are truly great people:)

Some of the memories that I have made this week were honestly the laughter experienced throught the week. My district loves to be together so that we can not only share a meal but share a laugh! At the ward activity on Friday it was so crazy! SO many people to talk to and just have fun with! The ward members had asked us to lead the line dancing (thinking that cause we are from the western world that we would know how) but we had NO CLUE on what to do, so we just hooked up a youtube video and let certain people lead it :P It was great fun:)

Elder Shurtliff and I are working hard this week to get to know the area a bunch more but because it is a 5 week transfer, the transfer is over next week! 

Anyways, gotta go but I love you all
Elder Dotschkat

ps- Thank you for all your prayers:) They really do help :)











Getting haircuts on the cheap by other missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment