Wednesday 12 November 2014

The BEST Zone Conference Ever!

Hey Mum,
So yesterday was a great day full of the spirit and full of revelation and it was probably the best Zone Conference that I haves been to. I am very grateful and glad that I was able to experience such a great time there. It answered many of the questions that I had. So our Mission President asked us to write our families at home about the experience we had and what we are desiring to do because of these experiences that we had. One of the missionaries that was in Hull when I was being trained said something that I thought was really profound. He said "Obedience is USELESS unless we act on the desire within us to do the right thing!". With all of the things that I learned yesterday, I am glad to say that my mission and most likely my life changed because of the special words and sacred feelings that I experienced yesterday.

1. The first thing that I want to do is work on forgiveness. I want to be able to let the atonement of Christ into my heart and to allow it to heal those broken pieces and let the ill feelings that I might have towards some people to be let go and to look on their good parts by trying to see life from their eyes. I wrote in my journal "don't always assume people are bad, especially when you cannot see their sides of the mountains that they have to climb."

2. I want to be having better and more effective studies. Today was a great study because I wasn't just sitting down at 8:00 with the mentality that I am just sitting and studying but I was pondering about it before hand what I wanted to do and then acted upon those thoughts that I had. It has been one of the most effective studies that I have had in a while and I really got something from it this morning. In my journal I wrote "The ultimate measure of your success is measured by how much you served others and followed in Christ's example." and "Your success is measured by your commitment to keep moving forward through the good and the bad times with the same enthusiasm of what you are doing no matter what differences occur in your life."

3. The third thing that really stuck out to me was also making the most of the time that you have. Life is too short to wallow in the past and if you stay where you are at two things happen. The world moves on without you and in time you will fall farther than where you were. The assistants to the president (AP's) did a fantastic job with their instruction and because of that the spirit was able to teach me about making our time effective rather than just simply busy and then also teaching me about rather than counting time, making time count.

Now that I have seen all of these things and have experienced what I have, I have a greater resolve to do better and to be better. I know and fully accept that it will not be an overnight change but step by step and I will get to being who I desire to become.
How do you climb a mountain? One step at a time!

Love
Elder Dotschkat


No comments:

Post a Comment