Monday 23 December 2013

Merry Christmas

My Dearest Family,
I hope that you are having a very Merry Christmas and enjoying this wonderful holiday. I'm sure the Christmas cheer is in the air back home (especially with all the smells and sounds ) and it makes me think of memories, not only of Christmas past, but times that we have been together. I must admit there are points in my mission that I do miss you and I do long for that hug and that smile but I know that it is not too far away. Life sometimes hits us with difficulties, and we must recognize that they are for our good because we learn and grow from them. Sometimes its hard and sometimes it seems impossible but I KNOW that EVERYTHING is possible with two things. The trust in God and love of a family. My heart does wish to be there with you at this time to share a memory, a smile, a laugh, but I know that what I am doing now will change peoples lives forever. I want to thank all of you for everything that you have and continue to do for me. My heart truly does go out to all of you when I hear of your difficulties and of your struggles. You are never far from my prayers and always close to my heart. Now, just to settle some worries, I am doing great :) I want you to all know that I am happy and that I am learning a lot. I am learning to not only trust in God but to trust and have faith in myself. Heavenly Father puts us into situations so that we can grow and learn from our experiences. Not only for us but for those people around us, we can learn so much from the example of the Saviour. He taught us perfectly and I know that he is there. I KNOW IT. He would never give up on someone just because they have had a bad day, but rather he would stand close to them so that they can feel his love. At this Christmas season it is important to make memories of the excitment of gift giving but it is even more important of making memories of love. That's what Heavenly Father would do for us and thats all that he asks for us to do. Remember the true meaning of Christmas and remember that it is all because of love that everything is possible. When we have love, we are willing to trust in God and to help those around us. Love is the most powerful force in existence and when we use it to help other people and love God's children, we will then be filled with His love.

I hope that you look for those around you that need support and need this love because this is the greatest gift that you can give.
All I want for Christmas is for you to make memories and share the love with those around you.
I love you all, each and everyone of you
You are in my prayers,
Have a Merry Christmas,
Love
Elder Dotschkat

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you today and all the good you are doing in England. Keep up the good work and may you continue to be blessed in all you do. John, Brenda and Jackeileen Winkler

    ReplyDelete