Friday 13 June 2014

A Letter to the great men in my life

To all of the Great men in my life, past, present and future.

As I sit here to look at where I am now and what it means to be a man, my mind is caught up in thoughts and memories of the great men that I have had in my life and the wonderful lessons that I have learned from each of them. I have been very fortunate and blessed to live in such a beautiful country with so many freedoms. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for those men that had left their friends and families, sometimes to never return, so that I would be able to enjoy all of the great things that Heavenly Father has in store for me and my family. To all of the people that have served or currently serve to make our country better, I thank you. No matter what capacity you may be in, you make our country and the lives of those who live here better. Thank you.

To those men that have made the change in my life, I cannot thank you enough for all of the time and effort that you have put into my development and growth not only in the gospel but as a man. There were many times that I felt as if I was falling into a place where I could not return from but these great men who I hold dear, lifted me up, pushed me harder and helped me to overcome the mountains that I have to climb. The best part of all of this is, they did it with me. Each step of the way I knew that there was someone beside me cheering me on to the point that I am at now. Many men have influenced me both inside and outside of the church and I thank each one of them for what they have done. They taught me to work hard, set you sights high and to never, never, NEVER give up! Sometimes life is hard, but we are never failures in Gods eyes. We came here to learn and grow and sometimes that means we have tough times but we get through and learn from them. Trials are never desirable but they are worth going through for the blessings of Heaven to be abundantly over us. I thank the men that have given me an example of being steadfast in a good cause. I know that these men have blessed my life and bless the lives of others for generations to come. I thank the men who taught me how to be honest and to be true to ones self. We are sons of an eternal God who knows and loves each one of us. I am and will always be eternally grateful to know that these men that have helped me are not just men, but my brothers. Thank you for all of your support and strength, even when you didn't know I was weak, you built me up to make me strong. Thank you for showing me what it means to be charitable, loving, kind, honest, virtuous men of Christ. Through your example I have learned how to go through trials with faith in God that all things will turn out for my benefit. I have learned what it means to truly love someone when you sacrifice and even put everything on the line for them just to support them. Thank you for teaching be of being faithful not only to your families but to Christ and your eternal nature. To being honourable holders of the high priesthood of God and to magnifying your calling and duty to bless the rest of the lives of Gods children.
I pray that you and your families will be blessed in abundance and that you will find peace knowing that you have eternally changed someone's life for the better.
Happy Fathers Day
With love
Your Brother and Fellow servant in Christ
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat

No comments:

Post a Comment