Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lessons with Superheros & Don't Eat Pete!

Heya everyone!

Monday I told you about the bike ride and how grueling was ... Just kidding I loved it!  In the evening we had a great lesson with L about the restoration of the church. The DVD flopped out on us .. seems like I can't trust technology lol.

Tuesday - the most exciting part of Tuesday was the lesson that we had with Alexandra. She is doing a lot better now and is so strong with all of the troubles that seem to come her way. We brought the stake patriarch to the lesson with us and it was great that he said that no matter what happened that the ward would be there to support and uphold her. I can see that he meant it because I felt the spirit as he testified that God loves each one of us.

Wednesday we had district meeting where we watched some motivational videos and the general message was that everything that is worth something or is desirable is hard to get but valuable beyond comparison. Just think ... gold, diamonds, jewels and all of the treasures of the earth have taken time, pressure and effort to create them and they take that much more effort to harvest them. The point is that something definitely might not be easy but it is entirely worth all of the effort to attain it! In the evening we had a great tea and visit with the George family. We went over there at 7:30 and before we knew it time was passed!! It was great to have a conversation about how life's ultimate blessings are received after faithful diligence and work to the goals that we set for ourselves. After tea the Elders Quarum president drove us home in his new BMW and let me say .. I liked it! Work for one in the future possibly!?!

Thursday was a good day. During the morning Elder Simon and I went and got new watches and mine said "no fear". I read 2 Timothy 1:7 and it made me think that I have the opportunity for a wonderful future ONLY if I live life in the present, appreciate the past and have goals for the future! I can't live in the past because the world will pass me by and I will stay the same. Change is scary sometimes but always necessary. The gospel isn't one one of being happy where you are at and sitting on your bum! Its one of service, work and dedication to the Lord to help him achieve the goals he has for his children. If we let him, we can and will be marvelous tools in His hands and reach our ultimate exaltation! My thoughts every now and again during the day had passed to the thoughts of my wonderful mother. I am so grateful to have a mother like mine. I feel so blessed to be able to have such a wonderful family who cares for and supports me no matter the mistakes I make because they love me. I feel blessed and thank Heavenly Father every day for the knowledge that my family is eternal. During the day my companion and I worked on finding new investigators through our former's sheets and we got two return appointments this week! In the evening we had tea at the D family's house and they made us homemade fish and chips YUM! And then we had a great lesson with Alexandra again and we were able to have the spirit guide us as to what to say and do in her behalf. I know that the Lord blesses those who study with knowledge returning again to them in the moments they need it.

Friday was a PARTY! I can't believe that it has been a year that I have been in England on my mission! Time has flown by and it feels so weird! It made me think about the type of missionary I want to be for the next year and has made me understand more that I have to work harder and magnify myself so that the Lord can work with me to help me become the man that he desires me to be. I know that the Lord can only help me to become something great if I let him. Fear and doubt are the opposite of faith and if I am scared of the future how I am supposed to have the moral authority to invite people to have faith? How am I supposed to help people understand something unknown until you experience it unless I know what I am talking about! It doesn't make sense so from this point forward I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUTURE WITH FAITH! I may slip up every now and again but I have a determination to be better and to improve daily!

Saturday was the day that I was looking forward to all week. I was so excited to be able to just have fun! So in the morning we took some time to get ready and to re-evaluate what the spirit is guiding us to teach all of our investigators. We felt confident that the Lord was with us so we departed into the unknown world (lol). We had a pizza lunch with Rob & Jackie and just had a great chat with them about going back to the basics. We talked about how we have to build ourselves upon correct principles so that we would be able to help ourselves grow right! We talked about how the decisions that we make affect our families and how we have to make the correct ones to bless them. We talked about Helaman 5:12 and how when we make the right decisions the Lord will stand with us and always will be there to protect us and life is up! After our lessons with them we had a great couple of hours with the Royal Evitt family and George. The main reason that I was excited for this lesson was because of the way that we were teaching it ... with SUPERHEROS!!! We brought my Kinder egg superhero team and got little Mikey who is seven to choose who each one of us were. I was Ironman, Elder Koojiman was Hulk, Beth was Thor and mom was Venom hahaha.  So we taught the plan of salvation with a great discussion on why we feel it is so important and then we had pizza for tea! More pizza lol! I also brought over my onzies and was going to take a picture with little Mikey in our matching Hulk onzies but he didn't want to :(  That's ok, maybe some other time lol.

Sunday was a great day! The best part was that our investigator George bore his testimony!!! He is doing so great and I absolutely enjoyed his testimony.  He said that he thinks that the church is true and that he can see himself being a part of something so great! After church we went and saw Allen, one of our investigators that we had lost contact with for a while. He is doing alright. We just sat there and listened to him talk about his life. Lets just say that it makes me so grateful to have my standards that I was raised with and this wonderful gospel in my life! It has saved me from making some decisions that wouldn't just impact me for the moment but for my entire life. I am so happy to have a testimony of change. It is possible to change and be the people that we are meant to become. After that we had a good lesson with brother Land and Emily and we just talked about how important it is to study. We can't find answers unless we study and search for them!

Now for yesterday! We had a very different and interesting p-day! Sorry that I didn't write yesterday but we had an emergency. Sunday night Alexandra texted us at 12:30 and said that she needed to talk to us. Then when I saw the text it was early in the morning so I left to call after 10:00. She then called us and asked if we could see her and talk to her so we set it up to see her at 2:00 in the afternoon. For the next hour we were looking up scriptures on finding strength and faith in the Lord to help her. Then we cleaned up the flat (don't be surprised but I mopped lol) After that we had a quick lunch of cheesecake and meat sandwiches. Then we got some quick groceries and went to meet up with Alexandra. We met her at the park to be able to talk to her. Then for the next two hours we just listened to her and there is great news. She still wants to be baptized and she says ASAP. So we are expecting in the next few weeks one of the biggest miracle sof my mission. Heavenly Father truly answers prayers. After that we rode on a bus with her to the Royal Evitt's home for FHE. We showed up way early so Elder Koojiman and I went to a park and played on a flying fox! We were doing that for about 20 mins and then it started to POUR! When we had finally made it back to their house we were SOAKED! Luckily we put some p-day clothes in our bags! So we got changed and had a wonderful tea! It was so delicious! Then we watched the Prophets of the Restoration video on their projector screen. That was great! We just sat there in silence and let the spirit to work within George & Alexandra. I know that they felt the spirit because I definitely did! I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. After the video we played Don't Eat Pete! Haha its a game in which you try to eat all of the candies before you eat the one that is Pete. During it we started to make the game a little more interesting by putting English mustard and chili seeds on the candies. It was so gross! It tasted like rotten soap! (I don't know what that tastes like but I am assuming it is as horrible as what I tasted!) Then when we were full of sugar and laughter Brother Royal Evitt drove us home! I was so grateful for that because it was chucking it down!

So that's my week! Until next week!
Love you all
Elder Dotschkat










No comments:

Post a Comment