Monday 16 March 2015

A visit to North-East England and Alnwick Castle

Hey guys. So I haven't much time because I was sorting out some stuff for flights home and everything but lets just say that all is well in Zion and that I'm happy :)
Life is great here on my mission right now! I am loving everything about it! Especially the new people that I get to meet during my travels :) So this past week I have been all the way up in Alnwick on exchange and had some crazy fun driving again! It was crazy because I have not drove in nearly a year! But I did it and we are alive! So this past Monday though was seriously one of the best Mondays on my mission because I got a sweet thing to bring home with me! Someone gave me a guitar! Its got a few bumps and scratches but that just reminds me of how the mission is. You get a few bumps and scratches over time but if you tune yourself in (to the will of God) and take on some new strings (Christ like attributes) and not forget your purpose (to help other people enjoy what you have to share with the world) then you will be that much more valuable at the end of the day. You will look like an antique (not old, just well used and mature) and you will feel like a million bucks! So on Monday D, the partner of a member in the ward, took the day off work to hang out with us! By the end of the day I got a 100 pound guitar case for 35 pounds so I am pretty pumped about that!

The next two days I spent in Alnwick enjoying the North-East England countryside and the nice people that live there. I had some fun driving and even more fun talking to the great people about the history of the place. At the end of the week, I returned to Ashington with Elder Dickson and we worked ourselves to the bone! To the point that I was dizzy from working so hard! It was great because we saw success! We are now teaching a great young couple and an elderly widow about the gospel. The young couple has got a seven month old daughter who is adorable and a bundle of fun and the elderly lady just loves to chat and is scheduled for April 11th for baptism!

So this week all in all was great and the biggest thing that I learned was simply if we do the Lord's work and if we trust him that he will sort everything else out for us.

Last night I and a fantastic chance to Skype my wonderful family :) I truly do love them and would do anything to see them happy :) Funny thing! The cat ended our phone call! Talk to my mum about it if you wanna know more!

Well I must run because my time is gone and I just want to say that I love you and that you are in my prayers!
Have a great week everybody!
See you soon!
Elder Zachary Lee Dotschkat

Alnwick Castle



No comments:

Post a Comment